Outreach and Marketing Specialist
U.S. Small Business Administration
About the organization
The U.S. Small Business Administration makes the American dream of business ownership a reality. As the only go-to resource and voice for small businesses backed by the strength of the federal government, the SBA empowers entrepreneurs and small business owners with the resources and support they need to start, grow or expand their businesses, or recover from a declared disaster. It delivers services through an extensive network of SBA field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations. To learn more, visit www.sba.gov.
- Build and maintain a local network of collaborative partnerships: economic development practitioners in Federal, state, regional and local government, chambers of commerce, business and trade associations, financial institutions, educational institutions, and civic/community organizations.
- Represent the Small Business Administration (SBA) at a variety of public functions through outreach/presentations/trainings to educate the small business, lender and contracting community about SBA programs and services, and other small business-relevant topics.
- Participate in or lead projects to accomplish outreach events and will be expected to collaborate with others on the team and other resources to ensure that the projects are successful.
- Conduct advising and training on SBA programs.
- Field technical representative responsible for compliance oversight of SBA district office customers.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector, which includes:
1. Marketing through outreach, training, and education to various organizations; and
2. Participating in outreach, training, presentations, and education on a variety of business management and financial management topics; and
3. Providing support to senior staff to maintain alliances and partnerships with a variety of partners.
These qualifications must be clearly demonstrated in your resume.
Education: Successful completion of a master's or equivalent degree related to the position being filled (e.g., marketing, business, finance), or 2 years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., if related. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is 18 semester hours or the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. You must submit transcripts (official or unofficial) to support this option. If selected, official transcripts will be required. If selected, official transcripts will be required.
Combination of Experience and Education
$53,433 to $92,073 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
See job posting on USA Jobs for details
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job