Outreach and Marketing Specialist
Small Business Administration (SBA)
About the organization
Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission-to promote the growth of small business-has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and using cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses.
The Outreach and Marketing Specialist (OMS) actively engages in:
- With assistance build and maintain a local network of collaborative partnerships: economic development practitioners in Federal, state, regional and local government, chambers of commerce, business and trade associations, financial institutions, educational institutions and civic/community organizations;
- Participate in representing the SBA at a variety of public functions through outreach/presentations/trainings in order to educate the small business, lender and contracting community about SBA programs and services, and other small business-relevant topics;
- Participate in or lead less complex projects to accomplish outreach events and will be expected to collaborate with others on the team and other resources to ensure that the projects are successful;
- With assistance conducts training in alignment with organizational policies and goals;
- Assist in conducting program evaluations, as well as monitoring awardee performance, ensuring that grantees comply with terms and conditions of award.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector:
- Marketing through outreach, training, and education to various organizations; and
- Participating in outreach, training, presentations and education on a variety of business management and financial management topics; and
- Providing support to senior staff to maintain alliances and partnerships with a variety of partners.
Additional Qualification Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559328300
$57,695 to $74,598 per year
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see announcement
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job