OTI Program Operations Specialist - Washington, D.C. (Intermittent, Multiple, Tandem) (GS-11/GS-12)
USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives
About the organization
In support of U.S. foreign policy, USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives seizes emerging windows of opportunity in the political landscape to promote stability, peace and democracy by catalyzing local initiatives through adaptive and agile programming. We work in critical crises at critical times to make critical differences that help countries transition from conflict and turmoil toward peace and democracy. Our programs put comparatively small amounts of money on small targets, stressing speed, calculated risk-taking and innovation, to strengthen the resilience of our partners and beneficiaries, keeping transitional countries on a positive trajectory.
● Provide program operations support for new OTI country program start-ups, country program management and close-outs. This includes actions relating to NSDD-38 issues, ICASS invoices, and other administrative management activities related to OTI country program operations;
● Respond to requests for information and tasks regarding OTI programs and operations;
● Provide knowledge management support including but not limited to tracking documents, lessons learned, and best practices across OTI programs in regard to administration and operations. Assist teams in the creation and/or maintenance of information products in support of political transition programs;
● Coordinate with OTI’s three (3) divisions Operations and Management Division (OMD), Field Programs Division (FPD), and the Program Learning and Innovation (PLI) Division on program operations issues/tasks;
● Initiate and maintain effective relationships with all USAID staff, other USG agencies and implementing partners, share procedures and systems, maintain effective administrative practices, and seek out innovative ways of conducting business to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
● Provide program operations assistance to organizations outside of OTI for the purpose of enhancing OTI’s goals and objectives;
● On an ad hoc basis, fill critical program operations staffing needs primarily in Washington, D.C.;
For a full list of duties, please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
At a minimum, the offeror must have:
At the GS-11 level:
(1) A Master’s Degree with two (2) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s Degree with four (4) years of work experience;
A High School Diploma with eight (8) years of progressively responsible work experience;
(2) Two (2) years of experience providing administrative support, including liaising with both staff and senior-level managers;
(3) One (1) year of experience supporting program operations for a large organization;
(4) Demonstrated experience drafting program operations documents that support overseas
(5) Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and
At the GS-12 level:
(1) A Master’s Degree with three (3) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years of work experience;
A High School Diploma with nine (9) years of progressively responsible work experience;
(2) Three (3) years of experience providing administrative support, including liaising with staff and senior-level managers;
(3) Two (2) years of experience supporting program operations for a large organization, of which one year must be with a large international assistance organization;
For a full list of qualifications, please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job