OTI Knowledge Management Coordinator - Washington, D.C. (GS-11/GS-12)
USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives
About the organization
In support of U.S. foreign policy, USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives seizes emerging windows of opportunity in the political landscape to promote stability, peace and democracy by catalyzing local initiatives through adaptive and agile programming. We work in critical crises at critical times to make critical differences that help countries transition from conflict and turmoil toward peace and democracy. Our programs put comparatively small amounts of money on small targets, stressing speed, calculated risk-taking and innovation, to strengthen the resilience of our partners and beneficiaries, keeping transitional countries on a positive trajectory.
● Under the supervisor’s direction, facilitate cross-program learning through events and products and help the office aggregate, curate and communicate evidence of effectiveness and outcomes across programs and with the broader community of practice;
● Support efforts to coordinate with key stakeholders to develop and update OTI guidance, tools and resources related to the implementation of OTI programs and practices to accurately reflect current expectations for OTI’s work and help prioritize urgent updates so that they can be made easily accessible to OTI staff and implementing partners;
● Provide user support, training, encourage active use to enhance effectiveness and utility of OTI’s knowledge management platforms including the web-based Database and OTI Anywhere as program management and program learning tools in coordination with both users (OTI staff and implementing partners) and the IT and Training Teams;
● Under the supervisor’s direction, respond to high priority and ad hoc research and analysis requests for information and taskers;
● Under the supervisor’s direction, collaborate with colleagues and partners in the development and implementation of an office-wide knowledge management strategy that addresses needs and informs knowledge management capacity building, processes, tools, and systems, with the aim of fostering a strong learning culture;
For a full list of duties, please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
At a minimum, the offeror must have:
At the GS-11 level:
(1) A Master’s Degree with three (3) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s Degree with four (4) years of work experience;
(2) Two (2) years of demonstrated experience using and designing knowledge management processes, systems or tools, facilitating organizational development/learning, strategic collaboration and/or adaptive management approaches.
(3) Three (3) months of demonstrated experience overseas or in a cross-cultural environment, including but not limited to: study abroad, living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries; paid or volunteer work for any of the following (either in the US or overseas): US government agency, an international assistance organization, local, state, or federal government office (foreign or domestic), a non-governmental organization, or a non-profit.
At the GS-12 level:
(1) A Master’s Degree with four (4) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years of work experience;
(2) Three (3) years of demonstrated experience using and designing knowledge management processes, systems or tools, facilitating organizational development/learning, strategic collaboration and/or adaptive management approaches.
For a full list of qualifications, please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job