Community Water Center
About the organization
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a statewide movement for water justice alongside low-income communities and communities of color who do not have access to safe, clean and affordable water. CWC’s vision is for all communities to have access to safe, clean, and affordable water. Community Water Center also currently has offices in Visalia and Sacramento.
The Organizing Manager position is a full-time, exempt employee position that will be primarily responsible for leading CWC’s organizing and base-building programs and activities. The Organizing & Advocacy Manager will report directly to the Director of Community Solutions in the Watsonville Office, but will also work closely with the other CWC staff and organizational partners. All employees at CWC are “at will.”
● Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
● Actively participate in program strategy, planning, tracking and reporting, and staff meetings.
● Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events.
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s in public policy, environmental science, education, communications or any area that is relevant to social justice and movement building work
● Understanding of and fluency in digital organizing tools and software, including online, mobile, social media and text platforms.
● Experience using CRM, CMS and online advocacy tools (NationBuilder strongly preferred).
● Knowledge of political landscape in California.
● Experience working in immigrant and/or rural communities.
● Experience with or knowledge of water and environmental issues and/or community
Competitive salary depending on experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Location: Serving communities in the Central Coast based in Watsonville, CA
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job