Operations Manual - Documentation and Development
U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad
About the organization
The Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad identifies cemeteries, monuments, and historic buildings in Eastern and Central Europe that are associated with the heritage of United States citizens, particularly such sites that are in danger of destruction. In cooperation with the Department of State, the Commission seeks assurances from the governments of the region and the Caucasus nations that these cultural properties will be preserved. The Commission also undertakes projects to restore, preserve, and memorialize certain sites by raising and using private donations and encourages others, including foreign governments, to undertake similar projects.
The Commission needs the assistance of a temporary Operations Manual Developer, whose duties will include developing and designing an operations and procedure manual for the Commission by assessing the current documents that detail Commission procedures, creatively problem-solving to design and develop a more comprehensive guide, and communicating with the administrative team a timeline for the completion of the manual. S/he will assist management in other administrative and clerical areas.
This is a temporary role for a short-term consultancy of about 3 (minimum) to 6 months. This position is available immediately with flexible hours.
The Operations Manual Developer needs to have at least two years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree. S/he must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritize work, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Manual Developer will provide the Commission with support as follows:
• Develops, designs and writes an operations and procedures manual for the Commission. The document should contain, but is not limited to all standard operating procedures, hierarchy information, contact details and emergency procedures.
• Actively communicates with Commission staff to gain a general understanding o
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suites, with experience using SharePoint preferred
• Strong knowledge of Mac computers preferred
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to interpret directions and implement the work in a timely fashion
• Analytical in nature and have a propensity for problem-solving
• Ability to work with speed and accuracy
• Ability to work on a computer for lengthy periods of time
• Ability to work independently
$20-$30 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply