All Hands and Hearts
About the organization
All Hands and Hearts effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters. We communicate directly with local leaders and community members and then deploy our unique model of engaging volunteers to enable direct impact, helping to build safer, more resilient schools, homes and infrastructure.
Through community and volunteer engagement, we focus on helping families recover faster after natural disasters using our Smart Response strategy. In doing so, we strengthen both our volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
- Provides supportive leadership, management and overall organizational planning to general operations of the program.
- Manages the Operations Team to deliver an efficient and effective program (base operation, financial management, volunteer coordination and engagement, base logistics, etc.), to support successful project outputs.
- Supports Program Director in developing and implementing training and skills development for staff and volunteers.
- Supports the Program Director in forecasting, monitoring, and reporting project cash flow, bank transactions, and expense auditing.
- Works with the Logistics Coordinator to organize and manage transport and telecommunications for teams in the field.
- Supports the Program Director in the development, implementation, and review of the Health, Safety and Security procedures for base and sites.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate communication, training and rehearsal of contingency plans and organizing periodical risk assessments.
- Support the Program Director in compiling program specific fortnightly reports for the organization.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Related Experience: Must have a minimum of one year experience working for All Hands and Hearts or another disaster response organization. Minimum of one year management experience in a professional setting. Experience in project management, including budget tracking preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications: Spanish speaking preferred. Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately as well as strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Must have a driving license.
- Work Environment/Conditions: Communal living environment. High stress situations.
Please apply via our website: https://allhandsandhearts.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=532
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job