Calvary Women's Services
About the organization
Calvary Women’s Services offers housing, health, education, and employment programs that empower homeless women in Washington, DC to transform their lives. Calvary’s programs are designed for women who are survivors of violence and trauma, are living with mental illness, or are in recovery from substance abuse. Through personalized services and with peer support, each woman identifies and builds on her own strengths in order to meet her goals for safe housing, good health, and financial independence. With more than thirty years’ experience, we know our model works: every five days, a woman moves from Calvary into her own home with the skills and confidence she needs to succeed.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring a safe, secure and clean environment for residents and staff in Calvary’s transitional housing program. The Operations Manager oversees the operations and maintenance of the building and equipment, schedules and supervises and evaluates the performance of the Residential Assistants and Cleaning Staff.
• Manage the staff schedule
• Manage daily meal service
• Supervise, train and recruit Residential Assistants to ensure safe and secure environment
• Supervise the cleaning assistants and ensure that the building is cleaned and sanitized daily
• Oversee security measures to ensure accurate resident check in, check out, so staff is aware of who is in the building
• Assist the Chief Operations Officer in identifying and coordinating facility maintenance including scheduling and overseeing the work of vendors
• Monitor inventory and ensure ordering of cleaning, facility and meal program supplies.
• Lead the weekly program team meeting including all full-time program staff at Calvary Transitional Housing Program in coordination with the COO and Director of Programs
• Update the logbook with volunteer schedule each week (including contact information for all scheduled volunteers) and weekend notes with special instructions
• Work with Chief Operations Officer to ensure that all program specific policy documents are up to date and available to all staff
• Cover reception desk shifts as needed
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Able to work independently without direct supervision
• Able to adapt and manage changing priorities
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable giving and receiving constructive, timely, and appropriate feedback
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
Education and Experience
• Two years' experience working in a supervisory role
• Experience managing a residential facility, preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send resume and cover letter to Tammy Wright at [email protected] and list the position title in the subject line of the email.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply