Operations Manager, Southeast Asia
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is an international media development organization, whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. Internews is searching for an Operations Manager to support the implementation of a USAID-funded program. This position must be willing to relocate to Southeast Asia. The ideal Operations Manager should possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills, the ability to multitask and supportively supervise national team members while ensuring project compliance with all applicable USAID and Internews policies, practices, and procedures, including the management of small grants and contracts, human resources, and the project's financial management.
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1385
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience and a bachelor's degree OR nine (9) years of relevant work experience without a bachelor's degree. Relevant experience entails working in complex, high-speed, and/or challenging field operations.
• Familiarity with the AIDAR, FAR, and ADS 303 regulations pertaining to grants and procurement.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgement that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program messages of the project.
• At least four years of experience working on operations and administration, including a minimum of two years of experience with financial management and reporting, procurement processes, and contract management.
• Experience with administering small grants.
• At least one year working on a project subject to USAID or USG rules and regulations.
• Fluency in contractor and USAID's policies and procedures in regards to human resources, procurement, and financial management.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job