City of South Bend
About the organization
The City of South Bend has launched Commuters Trust, a public-private program focused on overcoming transportation barriers for local employees. South Bend launched this program as a result of winning a $1M grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies through the Bloomberg Mayors Challenge.
Commuters Trust, South Bend's transportation-as-a-benefit program, is at an inflection point, preparing to scale to additional employers while also evolving the transportation solutions available to participants. The Operations Lead will play a pivotal role in moving from the initial pilot phase into scalable, sustainable operations. The Operations Lead will work directly with the Founding Director and Program Manager to deliver transportation and commuter benefit programs at local employers and partners. This individual will liaise directly with participating employers and partners to manage participant enrollment, data collection, participant support, feedback collection, and continuous improvement. This position has responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the commuter benefit program while providing input to ongoing decision making about the future of the program.
Education and/or Experience
• Undergraduate degree
• 2+ years of applicable work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
• Experience in process analysis, design and implementation
• Experience with technology implementation approaches
• Ability to perform large scale data collection, analysis, report design, and management
• Experience in customer service, community engagement, or stakeholder management scenarios
• Ability to collaborating on cross-functional teams of internal and external stakeholders
• Familiarity with design thinking, human-centered design, or other innovation approaches
• Experience in community-based program design, implementation, or evaluation
• Ability to function in ambiguous, fast-moving, multi-stakeholder team-based environment
• Experience with MS Office suite products to develop client-ready analyses, reports, and communications
• Familiarity with transportation policy and mobility innovation
• Experience in either consulting or an entrepreneurial setting is ideal but not a requirement
Contact email: [email protected]
Flexible start date depending on availability. Please note salary reflects status as independent contractor; benefits not provided.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job