About the organization
Started by a Peace Corps volunteer, Mavuno Harvest works with small farming cooperatives to create supply chains to bring delicious, organic dried fruit from rural sub-Saharan Africa to the American consumer. We provide markets for these farmers and their products, thus increasing incomes, securing existing jobs and even creating new ones.
By bringing these delicious dried fruits to our customers, Mavuno Harvest gives consumers in the U.S. the opportunity to directly impact struggling communities and economies in Africa, while enjoying delicious, healthy and organic snacks.
Located in Philadelphia, Mavuno Harvest was recognized 2 years in a row as one of the fastest growing private companies in Philadelphia and we currently sell our products online as well as in over 5,000 retail stores across the United States.
The operations associate will work directly with the founder at our headquarters in Philadelphia.
The operations associate will be responsible for and contribute to the entire operation of the company including inbound ordering, customer order processing, managing production, and coordinating shipping.
We're looking for a jack of all trades who can juggle multiple tasks at once, while keeping an eye on the details. We currently employ 2 RPCV's and would love to hire more.
Our number one priority is finding an interested and energetic RPCV who is interested in joining us on our mission. We can teach the rest. Operations is the lifeblood of our mission. The below qualifications are preferred but not vital.
Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
● Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
● Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
● Space utilization and inventory techniques.
● Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
● Health and safety regulations.
● Record-keeping techniques.
● Inventory methods and practices.
● Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
● Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
● Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
● Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
● Lift, move, sort and store objects.
● Maintain accurate records of stock transactions.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply