Operations Associate - Strategic Partnerships & Programming
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Strategic Partnerships & Programming (SPP) Operations Associate is a critical member of the SPP team. This role partners with multiple Jumpstart departments: Field Operations & Strategy (FOS), Operations & Technology (OT), Education (EDU), Policy & Government Relations (PGR), Development (Dev) and Marketing & Communications (MarCom) to design and implement systems, communications, and data management systems that build and enhance Jumpstart’s internal and external supports related to the Alumni Engagement and Early Childhood Education Workforce strategic initiatives, Family Engagement, and the functioning of the SPP department.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is detail oriented, skilled at working with databases and internal and external communication systems and platforms, able to analyze and synthesize data for development and ongoing improvement, demonstrates the ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners, able to work collaboratively to meet goals, and who is excited to help advance a variety of strategic initiatives that have a direct impact on the accomplishment of Jumpstart’s mission. This exempt position reports to the Vice President of SPP.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• At least 2 years of related professional experience
• Experience utilizing a CRM database including data input and reports
• Experience building, designing, and organizing systems and communication platforms for internal and external use (including internal company platforms, external websites, external portals, email communications systems, etc.)
• Experience analyzing and synthesizing data to support systems, platforms, and program improvement
• Ability to trouble-shoot systems and platforms, including excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to accomplish a shared goal
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines, while being flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across several mediums (websites, social media, informational platforms, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders, primarily college students; Jumpstart alumni; and Jumpstart staff
• Demonstrate an appreciation and centering of cultural competency in behavior and work philosophy
• Ability to proficiently use MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Office 365 software
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and values of connection, determination, learnin
$55,000 - $57,500; along with excellent benefits a great mission-driven work environment
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job