Operations and Management Team Leader - Washington, D.C. (GS-13)
USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives
About the organization
In support of U.S. foreign policy, USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives seizes emerging windows of opportunity in the political landscape to promote stability, peace and democracy by catalyzing local initiatives through adaptive and agile programming. We work in critical crises at critical times to make critical differences that help countries transition from conflict and turmoil toward peace and democracy. Our programs put comparatively small amounts of money on small targets, stressing speed, calculated risk-taking and innovation, to strengthen the resilience of our partners and
beneficiaries, keeping transitional countries on a positive trajectory.
● Manage a team of up to five people staffed at the GS-07 through GS-12 equivalent levels; recruit team members, set expectations and work objectives; assign and balance team workload; review work products; train and develop program-funded staff utilizing updated job aides and other training materials; hold staff accountable, provide constructive annual evaluations as well as ongoing feedback and address personnel issues as they arise;
● Serve as strategic advisor to both office staff and leadership on personnel management and operations processes. Demonstrate a sound understanding of agency and federal procurement policies and regulations related to OTI systems for the recruitment and management of program-funded staff (such as U.S. Personal Services Contractor staff and Foreign Service Limited staff, etc.);
● Develop and maintain effective relationships with all OTI staff and across USAID offices;
● Evaluate processes to improve best practices and seek innovative ways of doing business to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
For a full list of duties, please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
At a minimum, the offeror must have:
(1) A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of six (6) years of work experience;
Associates degree with a minimum eight (8) years of work experience;
A high school diploma with a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience
(2) Four (4) years of experience in the field of operations or administrative management positions, including, but not limited to: travel, human resources, office management, recruitment, benefits/compensation, employee relations, training and development, performance management as well as strategic planning for a large organization with staff located in at least two locations;
(3) Three (3) years of supervisory experience, including training, guiding and mentoring staff.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see the solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job