Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
About the organization
We aim to make consumer financial markets work for consumers, responsible providers, and the economy as a whole. We protect consumers from unfair, deceptive, or abusive practices and take action against companies that break the law. We arm people with the information, steps, and tools that they need to make smart financial decisions.
• Uses analytical expertise, and knowledge of the Division’s programs, functions and policies, to provide accurate and timely analyses, advice, and support as necessary to implement the Division’s programs and related policies, directives, and instructions.
• Researches, analyzes, and assists in drafting technical reports, memoranda, correspondence, technical and policy documents, and other materials related to the Division’s programs.
• Supports the following areas within the Divisional Office: in coordination with Leads and Sr. Analysts, all operations-related functions performed at the program level including human capital (e.g., recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management, employee awards, and training), budgeting and financial reporting, contract administration and procurement, facilities management, information technology, and all other support services.
• Uses metrics to draft reports that assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures to assist management in making informative operational decisions. Conducts data gathering using techniques such as quantitative analysis, surveys, interviews, and focus groups. Synthesizes and analyzes findings and makes recommendations on addressing findings.
• Reviews productivity and risks, monitors problem areas, and drafts solutions that will eliminate them. Recommends actions necessary to maintain or improve the quality and quantity of office services.
Specialized Experience for the CN-40 level: To qualify at the CN-40 level, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CN-30 level in the Federal service. (For qualification purposes, the CN-30 level is broadly equivalent to the GS-7 level.) For this position, specialized experience is defined as:
• Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research; AND
• Preparing written reports and communications to enhance understanding of and compliance with regulatory and supervision issues.
• Performing work in office administration or office management support utilizing administrative operational policies, concepts, and practices to analyze and develop recommendations to improve program operations;
Education: a master’s degree or two full academic years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such degree from an accredited college or university in related field of study directly related to the duties of this position and must have provided the knowledge, skills and abilities that would be acquired through one year of specialized experience as described above. You MUST submit your transcripts to qualify based on education; or, a combination of specialized experience and graduate education that together meet the requirements for this position
$58,011 - $111,575
Contact email: [email protected]
• A cover letter is highly recommended.
• Be sure to include complete dates of prior positions held on your resume.
• Attach a copy of your RPCV noncompetitive eligibility.
All applications must be received by July 10, 2020.
If you are interested in being an Operations Analyst with CFPB and you are a RPCV with NCE, please send your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] , with the subject “Supervision: Operations Analyst Posting”.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job