Obstetric & Gynecological Physician Educator | Malawi & Uganda
Seed Global Health
About the organization
Seed Global Health (Seed) envisions a world in which every country, strengthened by a robust health workforce, is able to meet the health needs of its population.
Seed’s mission is to educate a rising generation of health professionals to strengthen access to quality care with a goal of saving lives and improving health.
Seed Nurse, Midwife and Physician Educators are placed as visiting faculty at academic institutions in Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda and Zambia for one year. Together with their colleagues, Seed Physician Educators develop or refine locally tailored best practice approaches to medical education and encourage a continuous culture of excellence, responsibility, and accountability in the delivery of health care.
In collaboration with their colleagues in Malawi and Uganda, key educator roles and responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Providing formal and informal clinical instruction and mentorship to medical and nursing - students, residents, house staff and faculty colleagues emphasizing best practice standards;
- Modeling sound clinical diagnostic and therapeutic bedside practice;
- Assisting with creating/adapting/implementing improved clinical guidelines and/or critical care treatment protocols with local faculty;
- Providing classroom-based instruction to undergraduate and post-graduate trainees, incorporating curriculum development and student assessment;
- Enhancing existing clinical training systems and structures by developing and implementing innovative teaching tools through collaboration with faculty colleagues;
- Providing mentorship/advising to learners and colleagues on dissertations, academic writing, and research;
- Supporting professional development opportunities, including in areas of research and advocacy, requested by partner-country faculty and clinicians;
To be eligible to serve with Seed Global Health as a Obstetric & Gynecology Physician Educator, you must at minimum have:
- A medical degree from an accredited institution
- An active, valid license
- Registration, qualifications, and/or other form of recognition from a national credentialing body or board in Obstetric & Gynecological Medicine
- Ability to commit to a 12-month placement
- Ability to meet in-country work permit and licensing criteria and obtain clinical license in your placement country
- English language proficiency
Preference is given to applicants who demonstrate:
- Minimum of 6-months living and working in low-resource health care settings either domestically and/or internationally
- Familiarity with teaching and/or administration of post-graduate OB/GYN training programs
- Experience providing informal and/or formal mentorship to trainees and junior faculty
- An ability to design curricula for and/or provide instruction in the simulation environment
- Experience with successful grant applications, research and academic writing
Contact email: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted through Seed's online portal and will be considered on a rolling basis.
You will be required to upload a copy of your Medical license and CV, complete two (2) short essay questions, and request three (3) references.
For more detailed information about the application process, please visit: https://seedglobalhealth.org/apply
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job