NYC 2022 Summer Community Crew Leader
Student Conservation Association
About the organization
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is America’s conservation corps. Our members protect and restore national parks, marine sanctuaries, cultural landmarks and community green spaces in all 50 states.
Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire 15-18 year old high school students for the 2022 NJ Community Programs.
Program Dates: 7/05/2022 - 8/12/2022
Training Dates: 6/5/2022 - 6/15/2022 (mandatory paid training)
As Crew Leader, responsibilities include guiding and inspiring a team of 4-6 youth, ages 1518, in projects at designated locations around New Jersey . The crew will be working on projects such as invasive species removal, habitat restoration, and trail work. Project monitoring and data collection will also be required throughout the season.]
Specifically, the Crew Leader will:
• Act as a Crew Supervisor, by facilitating teamwork, managing field-based tasks, and guiding crew dynamics
• Serve as an Advisor, by training members in technical conservation work skills, mentoring personal and professional development, and teaching environmental stewardship
• Act as a Project Manager, by communicating with agency park partners, ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects, and upholding a positive representation of SCA
• Perform tasks as a Program Administrator, by organizing logistics, completing documentation, managing a budget, and communicating with SCA staff
• Experience working with youth or young adults [Enter preferred age range here], teaching or environmental education a plus
• Experience with conservation work skills or related skills preferred – i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, habitat restoration, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
• Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and most occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
• Current First Aid and CPR certification required by the start of training
• Must be able to attend Crew Leader training: [dates here]
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must have ability to legally work in the US
• Must have a valid driver’s license for 3+ years and MVR that meets SCA standards
• Must be able to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• [Add housing requirements here, i.e. Must have personal housing arrangements in program city]
$800/wl, paid training $60
Contact email: [email protected]
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume, and two (2) references. Once your application is complete, you MUST email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line. This is the only way for us to know your application has been submitted.
FOR HIGHEST CONSIDERATION APPLY BY 5/6/2022. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply early as positions are filled on a rolling basis.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job