About the organization
Kids Cook! provides hands-on instruction to elementary students on nutrition, physical activity, food preparation skills including the names and proper use of kitchen tools, kitchen sanitation and safety, social skills, table manners, awareness/understanding of cultures and appreciation of differences. Kids Cook! uses an integrated curriculum, including nutrition, literature, music appreciation, art, cultures of the world, math, science, social studies, and geography
• Implement and teach the Kids Cook! multicultural, hands-on cooking and nutrition education curriculum with students in assigned school after completing all required unit trainings
• Attend all required unit trainings
• Coordinate monthly cafeteria tastings providing students an opportunity to experience new produce and connect to local farmer
• Manage class schedule to include 90% teacher participation in coordination with school staff and KC! Admin team
• Some evenings required including large group family nights using KC! Curriculum or supporting school family events
• Responsible for communication with the KC! admin staff, school staff, parents and the parent teacher organization. Including written correspondence, attending school staff meetings when appropriate, attending 1 parent/teacher meeting per semester
• Maintain accurate classroom, inventory and supply records and completing reports by unit deadlines.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well with adults and children in the school environment are necessary.
• 2021-22 school year will be providing some education through online platforms based on decisions of school districts and social distancing requirements.
• Reports to Nutrition Education Manager
• Meets Kids Cook! Employee Handbook code of conduct
• Meets APS/kids Cook! dress code at school, business casual dress code when in office and professional business attire when in business situations
• Reports prepared based on Report Timetable
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage daily work with multiple partners
• Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills
• Bachelor’s degree in education, health education with experience working with adults and children in health-related work preferred
• Access to computer for daily monitoring of Kids Cook! email, online reporting tools and online meetings
• Presenting in a businesslike manner
• Experience presenting to large groups
• Spanish speaking preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job