Nuclear Support Systems
Argonne National Laboratory
About the organization
Argonne is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where “dream teams” of world-class researchers work alongside experts from industry, academia and other government laboratories to address vital national challenges in clean energy, environment, technology and national security.
The main purpose of the internship is to support the Nuclear Support Systems Group (NSSG), led by the Nuclear Energy Nuclear Support Systems Coordinator, in the development of web-based computer applications, assist with user interface design, database development and administration, prepare documentation related to software projects and application portfolio management, and perform testing as required.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
• Work with SharePoint developers to develop additional features for the Nuclear Energy Portal and CONNECT SharePoint sites. • Work with .NET application developers to create/refurbish and deploy web-based software applications to support NE data products and websites. • Assist in the design of new user interfaces and graphic elements to support the refurbishment of existing NE applications. • Prepare system documentation including standard operating procedures, software description documents, test reports, configuration logs and user manuals. • Perform testing of the software applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Software Development.
• Web and User Interface Design.
• Database Design and Development.
• Data Analysis.
• Computer Infrastructure Administration.
• Software Testing
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in a field of Science or Engineering, Management or Computer Sciences.
• Experience in drafting system documentation, such as standard operating procedures, software description documents, test reports, configuration logs and user manuals is a strong asset.
• Proficiency in standard desktop software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
• Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
• Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
• Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
• Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application
Contact email: [email protected]
If you wish to apply for the internship position listed above, please submit and upload the following documents:
*Two letters of recommendation (need to be written on official letterhead and signed by the recommender)
*Combine these five documents into one PDF file in the following order: checklist, resume, cover letter, then two letters of recommendation. Please include the position ID at the top of all pages.
*Please upload this one PDF to https://international.anl.gov/IAEA-Careers.html and send an email to [email protected] to confirm that the upload was successful.
*Complete and submit a TALEO Profile
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job