Northern Virginia Community Director
About the organization
GatherDC is a Jewish nonprofit that serves as the one-stop-shop for everything 20s and 30s need to live their best Jewish life. Whether you’re looking for Jewish events, people, synagogues, housing, jobs, rabbis, kosher food, or anything in between – we connect you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Immerse yourself in community engagement
- Meet with hundreds of 20s/30s for coffee chats and manage an extensive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults across Jewish NoVA.
- Represent GatherDC at Jewish community functions around NoVA.
- Form strategic partnerships with local organizations who serve Jewish NoVA
- Support GatherDC’s Communications Director in evolving Jewish NoVA’s online presence and digital resources.
Manage GatherDC’s NoVA initiatives
- Oversee the planning, implementation, follow-up, and evaluation of curated gatherings across Jewish NoVA (e.g. leadership fellowship, happy hours, alternative Jewish holiday celebrations).
- Help Jewish NoVA’s 20s/30s organize peer-led experiences.
- Form strategic partnerships with local organizations who serve Jewish NoVA.
Be an integral part of the team
- Champion data management through our Salesforce system.
- Execute office tasks as needed, including logistical preparation for meetings and events, database input, etc.
- Support staff with the creation and facilitation of GatherDC experiences.
WHO YOU ARE:
Someone with 3-6+ years work experience in nonprofit or community building fields.
A hardworking self-starter who thrives both independently and as part of a team.
A natural people-person with an outgoing, professional demeanor.
A critical thinker who loves exploring new perspectives with an open mind.
An innovator who isn’t afraid to bring bold ideas to the table and take risks.
A flexible, collaborative team-player who can juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
An organized leader who comes up with an idea and successfully brings it to fruition.
Someone with a desire to help 20/30s across NoVA find a place to belong in Jewish life.
A capable, tech savvy individual who has experience with (or the ability to quickly learn) Salesforce, Form Assembly, and using data to drive work.
60,000 - 68,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job