New Business Internship (paid)
About the organization
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in the design and implementation of sustainable, enterprise-based agricultural initiatives. We work with businesses, foundations, governments, and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity, and improve access to inputs and financing in 45 countries around the world.
Fall Term: Immediate – December 31, 2019
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $14.00 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the NBD intern assists the Vice President of Program Development and the entire NBD team with country and sector research, proposal development and consultant recruiting.
Shared internship responsibilities:
• Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
• Provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
• Support the Receptionist in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
• Work with senior management in creation of development proposals including country and sector research, technical writing and editing, and administrative, graphics and production support;
• Track opportunities with key funding agencies including USAID, MCC and USDA;
• Work with the NBD team on the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as with Human Resources for ongoing program recruitment needs; and
• Strong research and writing skills;
• Excellent computer skills, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams and tables; and
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job