Project Lab St. Louis
About the organization
Project Lab St. Louis is a nonprofit dedicated to enriching and invigorating public school curriculum through hands-on, cross-curricular activities and experiences that are relevant to students’ everyday lives.
In collaboration with teachers, administrators, and Project Lab leadership:
• Coordinate, build, and maintain permaculture/regenerative garden(s) on the campuses of two St. Louis-area public schools
• Develop processes for observing and documenting local pollinator populations
• Develop community-based capacity to maintain the garden(s) and document pollinator presence and activity
• Coordinate incoming data under the auspices of principle investigators at The Smithsonian Institution and alongside community partners in St. Louis and Washington, D.C.
• Develop activities and exercises for students that connect the project to social-emotional learning objectives and academic objectives.
Experience with hardscaping and carpentry (garden beds, paths, basic pruning, etc.)
Experience working with youth
Experience in community organizing
Basic understanding of field biology (data collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation)
Basic comfort with respect to documenting and sharing process -- journals, audio, video, photography, social media, Google docs, etc.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a cover letter, CV, and two letters of recommendation to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job