Native English-Speaking Instructors
About the organization
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges. Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region. For more information, visit us at www.amideast.org.
Amideast-Jordan is seeking to procure the services of 11 native-English speaking instructors to conduct English training courses for the duration of 24-month, the training will include language and skills development program and will be implemented in three difference locations within Jordan. The ideal candidates will be willing and able to live in Jordan for up to 24 months and will be responsible for teaching up to 25 hours per week using accredited English language curriculum and materials. Amideast will cover the travel, housing, and internal transportation. This is not a family post.
Role and responsibilities
• Deliver English language courses and instruction to classes of up to 25 students using the college-accredited curriculum, the American Language Course, as per the arranged schedule of classes and semester.
• Design supplementary materials as needed and where beneficial for the development of cadets.
• Punctual delivery of instruction for all scheduled courses/classes.
• Follow the designed syllabus for the course.
• Provide feedback and reporting to supervisors as necessary.
• Maintain daily attendance and performance records.
• Submit weekly student performance reports as required.
• Attend instructors' meetings as required by the college or by Amideast.
• Correct homework, quizzes, and all assignments.
• Assist in activities designed for student development.
• Must be a native English speaker.
• TESL/TEFL /CELTA certification is required.
• Relevant college degree.
• Excellent English communication, organizational, time management and presentation skills.
• Enthusiastic, committed, and a team player.
• Knowledge of English language teaching methods, approaches, and materials.
• Flexible, self-motivated, patient, and creative.
• Arabic proficiency not required but familiarity with Arabic language and culture a plus.
• Previous experience in language education for the military or security forces a plus, especially in the MENA region.
USD 23 Hourly Rate
Contact email: [email protected]
• Amideast will provide a furnished accommodation in Jordan for the duration of the IC contract period.
• Amideast will provide transportation to and from the location as well as all necessary security passes and permissions.
• Amideast will provide round trip, economy class, air fare from the nearest major international airport of origin, initial hotel accommodation during orientation, per diem and initial tourist visa coverage.
• Amideast will provide the instructor with a one-year residency permit.
• Amideast will provide a medical insurance plan to each instructor.
• There will be no classes for the period of December 24-January 1 of each year.
• All incomes are subject to Jordanian income tax regulations.
• For American citizens, a deduction for FICA on all earnings as required
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply