National Director of Donor Impact, New York, NY
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org
The National Director, Donor Impact is a leadership position in the Development Division and provides oversight to Jumpstart’s fundraising with individual donors, including major, mid-level and annual fund. This position develops and implements strategies to drive significant growth for the individual donor pool, overseeing the team responsible for engaging individual donors in meaningful relationships that lead to sustained and increased gifts. The National Director oversees a regional portfolio of donors in the quad state (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania), along with national major donors located elsewhere.
Working alongside peers leading the Institutional, Corporate Engagement, and Marketing & Communications teams, the National Director, Donor Impact manages a $5M+ pipeline to contribute to a $12M+ annual private revenue goal, including holding a robust portfolio of individual donors and prospects. The ideal candidate is experienced in major gifts, understands the breadth of individual donor engagement work, knows how to effectively leverage VP- and C-suite staff to enhance donor relationships, and can manage a team of direct reports with compassion and a commitment to high achievement. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Development and oversees a unit of three staff.
• 7+ years of experience in fundraising, sales, or development work including the development and implementation of strategic revenue generation plans targeting individual donors
• Demonstrated success building robust programs to engage major and individual donors and prospects to drive revenue growth
• Strong management skills and ability to lead, motivate, and cultivate a geographically dispersed team of externally-facing development staff
• Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, securing, and growing a network of individual donors, with evidence of securing gifts of $100,000 and greater
• Excellent communication, including written, public speaking and presentation skills, with evidence of successful relationship management
• Superb project management skills, with ability to cultivate and manage internal partnerships to serve needs of complex funder relationships
• Comprehensive strategic thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities, and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary for completion of job duties
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
Salary – $113,000; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job