National Director for Guatemalan NGO
The GOD'S CHILD Project
About the organization
Our United States-based nonprofit organization, The GOD'S CHILD Project (GCP) is seeking a National Director for our established Guatemalan nonprofit organization, Asociación Nuestros Ahijados (ANA). We are looking for leadership that will provide hands-on direction for our health, education, home-building, and legal rights organization, based in Antigua Guatemala.
To learn more about our international works, please visit: www.GodsChild.org, www.ITEMP.org, and www.AtkinsonCenter.org.
This position will coordinate and administrate the unique and diverse team at ANA. Part Project Manager and Administrative Manager, they will assist in prioritizing and coordinating efforts across the team and the organization. This position will provide leadership as well as program, business, and fundraising support for the ANA team in Guatemala. They will positively represent ANA, GCP, and Patrick Atkinson as Founder and ED of both charities, in public, private, government, and internal matters.
· Lead ANA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission and efforts as defined by the shared ANA and GCP mission statement.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the US support team and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all required information necessary for program, business, strategic, and fundraising efforts.
· Report to and work closely with GCP’s leadership team and seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising opportunities, and to increase overall visibility of the organization.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures optimal resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
· Work with ANA’s in-country and international volunteer staff, US staff, local government entities and officials, and networked organizations to ensure ANA’s mission is fulfilled through program services, fundraising, development, strategic planning and implementation, and community outreach.
· Establish and maintain relationships with outside organizations and cultivate those relationships to strategically enhance ANA and GCP’s mission, programs, and goals.
· Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified in-country staff, supported by international volunteers.
· Establish and enforce employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
· Minimum education requirements of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
· Flexibility, Creativity, Enthusiasm, Ingenuity
· Fluency in Spanish
· Transparent and high-integrity leadership.
· High level strategic thinking and planning.
· Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
· Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
· Strong financial management skills, integrity, decision-making and reporting.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong public speaking ability.
· Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
· Effective and efficient management and decision making in times of emergency and crisis.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply