National Democratic Institute
National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking a Resident Director with strong political acumen and management skills to provide strategic direction and oversight to the implementation of its democracy support programs in Iraq. Specific programmatic areas include parliamentary assistance to two legislative bodies, strengthening women and youth political participation, election programming, and public opinion research.
The ideal candidate has at least 14 years of experience as a political practitioner at the local and national levels, strong managerial and communications skills, and demonstrated capacity for astute political analysis and judgment. S/he would have previous experience in a conflict-affected and/or transitioning country working as an international development professional and/or practitioner.
The resident director will provide leadership and oversight to a team of talented and experienced national and international staff. S/he will be NDI's principal liaison to and responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with the donor community, representatives from the Iraqi government, political parties, civil society organizations, and the international diplomatic community. The resident director will be responsible for overall office management, including financial and human resource management, as well as supervisory responsibility for the design, implementation, and evaluation of Iraq programs.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related subject
* A minimum of fourteen years substantive professional experience primarily in a political field, with experience working to expand women's political participation, enhance political party outreach capacity, and/or bolster civil society involvement in political processes or experience working in challenging political environments preferred
* A strong record of managing large and complex projects in conflict-affected or transitioning countries, including experience implementing U.S. government-funded programs
* Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities
* Proven ability to effectively communicate skills and experiences to others as a trainer and/or adviser
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bybxh7p2s65hsnvh
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job