Morocco: Logistics and Operations Officer
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews seeks an Operations and Logistics Officer in Morocco to support the implementation of a project that aims to improve the ability of media actors and women human rights defenders (WHRDs) in Morocco to report on the issue of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and combat harmful gender norms, thereby strengthening accountability of related reforms, laws, and commitments. The Operations Officer will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of the project and Internews' operation in Morocco by:
-Overseeing all logistical elements of project implementation, including but not limited to organizing trainings and travel and coordinating security for trainees, staff, consultants, etc.;
- Preparing logistical plans for all project activities, including timelines and budget estimates when applicable;
- Ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of project activities;
- Leading on pivot to online implementation, and setting up digital infrastructure for activities when necessary;
- Ensuring that documentation (including visas, contracts, insurance, travel clearance, etc.) is completed;
- Understanding logistical and security challenges of working in Morocco, especially under current COVID-19 restrictions;
- Maintaining accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records for audit purposes;
- Performing other duties as required;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, logistics and operations, or a related field OR equivalent work experience
- At least 4+ years relevant experience
- Previous experience coordinating logistics in Morocco
- Proven ability to handle sensitive, confidential materials in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Must have initiative and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize within a shifting workload
- Ability to communicate and foster collaboration with colleagues, partners, and external agencies
- Ability to use judgement regarding the safety of personnel, analyze and understand complex situations, and translate this into specific policy advice
- Independence, the ability to take initiative, and a sense of responsibility
- English proficiency
- Good command of Arabic and French
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter to our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1327
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job