Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Analyst
About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve underserved communities in Togo, West Africa. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality by partnering with governments and the local communities to integrate professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics. This approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Integrate Health offers a generous benefits package including:
• Aetna health, vision, and dental insurance.
• 401k retirement plan with employer match up to 3%.
• Minimum 20 vacation days/year plus office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
• 10 days of sick leave.
• 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
1. Quantitative data analysis
• Prepare datasets for analysis and conduct quantitative analysis of various data sources, including household survey data, health facility assessments, and programmatic data.
• Provide technical assistance for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning lead initiative around improving data quality. Support evidence-based practice utilizing statistical process control methods and data quality assessments.
• Carry out descriptive analyses of the costs and outputs of specific integrated primary care model components implemented by Integrate Health.
• Conduct or support analyses to model the costs and public health impact of scaling primary care interventions throughout Togo using tools such as the Community Health Planning and Costing Tool, the Lives Saved Tool and/or OneHealth.
• Develop short and medium-term forecasts for medicines and key health products using historical consumption and program data.
2. Research and Data Analysis Capacity Building
• Coordinate and support ongoing training and mentoring of IH staff in research methodologies, design and implementation.
• Support ongoing national/regional government and other partnerships in Togo (e.g., Ministry of Health, University of Lomé/Kara, Togolese National Statistical Institute).
3. Dissemination of analysis results
• Support the activities of the Togo-wide research dissemination strategy and the US/global research dissemination strategy.
• BA/BS in research, public health, statistics, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in French.
• Advanced quantitative analytical skills and a strong understanding of research methods.
• Minimum three years of data analysis experience; experience analyzing survey data preferred.
• Fluency in Stata, R, or other quantitative analysis software.
• Experience disseminating research results through papers and slide decks.
• Attention to detail and proven ability to produce high quality results on time.
• Self-starter with an interest in developing technical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to gain respect from colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds.
• Must be committed to social justice and the human rights of the poor.
• Flexible and able to handle the unexpected with grace and humor.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below to [email protected] with MERL Analyst in the subject line.
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
3. What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Integrate Health is committed to being an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial, and pro-equity organization. We acknowledge that this is an ongoing process and that we will always have more work to do to identify, unpack and interrupt the ways dominance shows up in our organization and our sector.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job