Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
About the organization
We catalyze community-led transformation in rural Africa. We train local volunteer leaders to work with their whole community to determine projects that will improve the collective well-being of the village.
OneVillage Partners currently partners with 18 communities in Sierra Leone, West Africa.
OneVillage Partners is a community-led development organization currently implementing two programs across 18 communities in Eastern Sierra Leone, benefiting over 25,000 people. The full-time Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager will oversee the MEL team and manage all monitoring and evaluation activities in Sierra Leone. S/he will assist in communicating our impact to an international audience and is a thought leader within and outside our organization. The successful candidate will be a leader who will continually push us to innovate, to be more responsive to our partner communities, to learn and refine quickly and to share experience and resources widely. Reporting to the Program Director and working closely with the Sierra Leone-based Leadership Team, this candidate will hold a deep appreciation for community-driven development, broad knowledge of participatory M&E approaches, and possess strong report writing abilities.
The position is based partly in the small town of Bunumbu and the city of Kenema in Eastern Sierra Leone with travel to nearby communities. The full time position includes a competitive benefits package including: housing, health and dental coverage, evacuation insurance, annual home leave, R&R, phone and mobile data allowance, and generous paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
• Graduate degree in Program Evaluation, Research Methodology, Statistics or a relevant field
• Experience conceptualizing, developing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation system using participatory methods. Previous experience with Most Significant Change a benefit.
• Deep understanding of and practical experience with Community-Led Development, especially through on-the-ground implementation in cross-cultural contexts
• Experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
• Experience preparing and delivering transformative trainings; demonstrated facilitation skills
• Minimum of six months’ experience living or working in a developing country
• Excellent written and spoken English language ability; knowledge of Mende or Krio a plus
• Strong ability to work independently; energy, enthusiasm, and innovation in problem solving
• High level of patience and flexibility
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Qualitative data software. Experience with QDA Minor and Kobo preferred.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see our website at https://www.onevillagepartners.org
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job