Mobile Outreach AmeriCorps Member
Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
About the organization
We’re looking for talented people to join our team. Are you one of them?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to transform the lives of poor and homeless men, women and children in your community, we may have a job for you.
We were recently named one of Tampa’s Top Places to work by the Tampa Bay Times. And as we continue to grow and expand into America’s most effective caregiver, we need talented and compassionate people who feel called to assist us in our mission.
Since 1972, Metropolitan Ministries has been providing life-changing solutions for those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in Tampa Bay.
Through innovative leadership, a dedicated staff and the utilization of a variety of community partners, we’ve grown from a single-room food pantry to serving thousands of people a day in 4 different counties.
• Engage individuals who are experiencing homelessness in areas where they congregate.
• Administer assessments and use tools to determine needs of individuals.
• Provide individuals with information and referrals to community resources for housing, employment, health (physical, behavioral, and mental), food, transportation, etc.
• Travel to partner sites, hot spots, and hubs in the community to provide services.
• Distribute “basic needs” supplies such as clothing, hygiene supplies, food, drink, blankets, etc. to those in need.
• Assist clients in applying for public benefits and preparing SSI/SSDI applications.
• Participate in trainings, attend community meetings and workshops, and implement best practices on street outreach.
• $545 (gross before taxes) bi-weekly payroll for term of service
• Education award of $6,195 is provided upon successful completion of service
• Daily meals available at no cost to member
• Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
• Childcare assistance (if qualified)
• Health insurance – option to enroll with premium paid in full for member only
Position Requirements and Specifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with low socio-economic and diverse participants in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• A non-judgmental, empathetic, caring individual with the ability to listen well and to demonstrate confidentiality and respect for clients of all ethnic, religious and socio-economic groups.
• Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
• Reliable transportation required. Members will be required to travel within the community and to/from service sites. Valid Driver’s License and Insurance required.
• Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
• Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Ability to meet individuals under bridges, in camp sites, and other outreach sites.
• Able to be on feet and mobile up to 10 hours per day.
• Able to lift 50lbs sometimes and 20 lbs often
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit an application through Metropolitan Ministries' website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/747b1a4f-7fb1-4c4d-acb1-d3051209314d/Metropolitan-Ministries-Inc
After submitting an application, an HR Manager will be in touch with you if you meet the qualifications. Thanks!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job