About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Enters participant activity data into the One Stop Management Information System (OSMIS) and other reporting system; ensures accuracy of data entered.
2. Verifies participant registration and other data in OSMIS. Communicates with partner agencies and the DESC to share and/or request participant information.
3. Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepares related reports for submission.
4. Participates in the maintenance of an up-to-date automated reporting system to track program participation hours/program completion and placement status of program participants.
5. Reconciles and validates reports with related data files and system sources; reports errors and corrections to management.
6. Assists with file audits.
7. Communicates with staff to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity.
8. Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed.
9. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in business administration or related field and work experience in workforce development programs. Bachelor degree preferred. Technical training in computers and Word Office suite software programs.
2. One to two years of data entry/accounting experience.
3. Computer skills necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff
5. Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors.
6. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
7. Physical ability to frequently sit at a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time when entering data.
8. Valid Michigan driver’s license. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT: www.sermetro.org/job/mis-specialist-5/
Contact email: [email protected]
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT:
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job