Membership Recruitment Specialist (Sales) - Manassas Office
Girl Scouts Nation's Capital
About the organization
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Have you been looking for a role that combines your talents in sales and relationship-building with a well-known name brand that makes a difference in the lives of others? If you found yourself nodding as you were reading, you are in the right place!
We are looking for someone who possesses the drive to win, success in bringing in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement, and the ability to build lasting relationships in communities, virtually and in person. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
What Winning in this Role Looks Like
• Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents, other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join, volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
• Developing prospects and leads for conversion to members.
• Leveraging sales development techniques to reach membership goals.
• Making cold contacts daily, through telephone, email, and video calls, as well as follow up with warm leads.
• Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through phone calls, emails, video calls, and in-person meetings, including assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
• Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scout families.
The Skills You Need to Win
• Passionate about girl leadership
• Love for sales and making cold contacts
• Ability to close a sale
• Hunger to achieve goals
• Aptitude to hear the word “no” as an opportunity
• A tenacious and resilient demeanor
• Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving abilities to work in new and changing environments
• Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
• Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations (virtually and in person)
• Ability to relate well to both adults and children
• Skilled with Microsoft Office, major social media platforms, and various video conferencing software; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
• Ability to work 1–9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9AM – 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
• Have access to automobile for daily travel
• Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
• Comfortable and able to converse in Spanish would be useful (but not a must)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job