Master Math Teacher and Coach
Briya Public Charter School
About the organization
Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
Briya’s two-generation approach to education recognizes that parents are children’s first and most influential teachers. As parents’ literacy and educational levels increase, so does their children’s academic success. Briya is committed to strengthening families and communities through a learner-centered environment of trust, respect, and collaboration.
-Develop and implement math lesson plans that adhere to national standards and Briya curriculum. Plans will follow best practices in instructional design by including objectives, student centered instructional activities with differentiated instruction, and assessment, all of which are appropriate to the skill level, needs, and interests of the students in the program.
-Utilize effective strategies that provide opportunities for student learning and active engagement in the learning process, including integrating technology.
-Teach math in Adult Education classes o Approximately 1 hour daily in a two-generation setting, and o 3 hours 1 night per week as a component of Briya’s Child Development Associate program.
-Provide training and individual coaching so that teachers are able to effectively teach math to Briya learners at all skill levels.
-Following completion of NEDP advisor/assessor training, serve as a Briya National External Diploma Program (NEDP) advisor/assessor.
• Master’s degree or certification in secondary education - math and 2 years of teaching or related experience and knowledge in the fields of adult education, math, special education, or Bachelor’s degree in math, education, special education, or related field and 8 years of teaching or related experience.
• Significant cross-cultural experience. • Excellent communication skills in English required. Intermediate level Spanish preferred. Amharic, Tigrinya, French, and/or Arabic is an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Windows. Comfort with, or ability to learn, Smart Board Technologies, Google Classroom, Google Apps for Education and online learning applications such as Kahoot, Quizlet, EdPuzzle, and Digital Stories.
• Physical Demands – Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting, sometimes for many hours at a time; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work Environment – Mostly in a typical office and classroom setting with quiet to moderate noise level.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job