Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC
About the organization
Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC, is a social enterprise that works directly with coffee producers in Nicaragua to connect them with roasters abroad. It obtains higher prices for producers while carrying out sustainable development projects in communities, including free computing classes for girls, microcredit, running water in schools, books in schools, and educational supplies.
This person will achieve the following:
• Increase our customer base through marketing such that within two years we sell out of 80% of our coffee before it reaches the U.S.
• Increase our revenue from consulting to a set goal (set with the CEO) by 2021.
• Increase our social media presence, especially as pertains to coffee roasters, to a set goal (set with the CEO) within one year.
• Maintain a consistent response time to customers of 10 minutes.
• Keep our accounting systems up to date at all times.
• Keep our logistics running smoothly in North America, including but not limited to inbound or outbound shipping.
Responsibilities: Innovate! Organize trade show participation and other events, lead educational events about coffee, track income and expenditures in Quickbooks, invoice and contract customers, coordinate shipments across the U.S. and world, engage in sales, interact with customers, keep the startup organized, carry out marketing initiatives and design innovative marketing products as well as social media posts, redesign GMCG’s website and/or oversee the process, send professional-looking sample packages, and perform other logistics and marketing to move the company forward. As Gold Mountain Coffee Growers, LLC is an entrepreneurial startup, responsibilities also include whatever activities are necessary to make the organization successful and include always going the extra mile required for the success of the organization.
• Use of online accounting systems and advanced use of Excel.
• Cash-flow and balance sheet statements.
• Invoicing and tracking payments while following up with customers.
• Tracking inventory with precision.
• Sales of coffee or other products.
• Helping the social enterprise innovate and remain cutting edge.
• Ability to learn new technology very quickly.
• Ability to implement and design new logistical and accounting systems efficiently.
• Very high-level of attention to detail.
• Extended-term commitment and desire to help the startup grow.
• People skills for interacting with customers at trade show events and by phone/email, including past-due customers.
• Connectivity to email for quick responses to customers.
• Ability to design creative emails, graphics, signs and other documents.
• Writing skills.
• Coffee farming (experience in this particular area is not required, just enthusiasm).
Plus-factors but not required:
• Ability to speak and read Spanish fluently.
• Experience in the coffee industry and/or restaurant/food supply industry.
• Extensive experience with design.
$40,000 to $50,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Travel: This position will entail trips to Nicaragua as well as coffee-consuming countries throughout the world depending on the social enterprise’s needs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job