Marketing Intern (Paid)
About the organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. In the United States, buildOn runs intensive service learning programs in 40 under-resourced, urban high schools in seven major cities. Through these programs buildOn empowers youth to transform their communities through service. Over the last 26 years 100,000 youth have contributed more than 2.0 million hours of service and touched the lives of more than 1.0 million people living below the poverty line. 97% of these students graduate high school even though more than 40% of kids going to the same schools drop out. Teams of youth from our urban programs also fan out across the world to help build schools in the economically poorest countries on the planet. We have now built over 1,200 schools in Mali, Malawi, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nicaragua and Nepal. Community members from every village where we build have contributed over 2.0 million volunteer work days to build these schools.
Overview of the Role:
The Marketing Intern supports the buildOn Marketing Team in our work to bring new members to our movement, keep members informed of our work, and drive engagement and support. In this role, you will support marketing, fundraising and member service for the organization.
What you’ll do:
• Help with the day-to-day management and optimization of all digital marketing channels (social media, search engine marketing, email marketing).
• Contribute content and strategy for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, etc.) with a focus on keeping supporters engaged.
• Contribute to and update the buildOn website, so that it clearly tells the most up-to-date buildOn story and draws in new supporters.
• Assist with e-commerce marketing and fulfillment of products sold through the online buildOn Store.
• Assist with live fundraising events as needed.
• Handle all general inquiry calls and emails, responding to question and/or making sure they are funneled to the right person in the buildOn organization.
• Assist with donor support for buildOn’s online fundraising platform (Classy.org)
• Assist with donor impact reports and other donor appreciation and support.
• Compile marketing reports and identify marketing opportunities.
What you’ll learn:
• Valuable marketing, development/fundraising, customer service and technology skills.
• How to remain organized while balancing multiple projects and people simultaneously.
• How to work in a fast-paced team environment
• How to use state-of-the-art marketing, fundraising and customer service digital tools (Salesforce, Sprinklr, Google Adwords/Analytics, Classy, Shopify, MailChimp, Zen Desk)
• Increased knowledge of what it takes to work in the nonprofit field
Who we are looking for:
• Recent college grad or college student (junior or senior preferred)
• buildOn alumni given preference
• Passion for community service
• Access to a laptop computer preferred (but not required)
• Available at least 20 hours per week during business hours a week
• Commitment and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to craft effective marketing messages, copy and member communications
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership and responsibility
• Organizational ability to balance and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven record of following through on assigned tasks
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively buildOn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information, please visit our website at www.buildon.org
Contact email: [email protected]
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job