Marketing and Virtual Production Associate
About the organization
EnCompass LLC is a small, women-owned consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. area that works with governments, international organizations, businesses and non-profit/non-governmental organizations in the United States and internationally. Since its inception in 1999, EnCompass has provided a core group of services: Training and Facilitation, Leadership and Organizational Development, and Technical Assistance and Evaluation. Our work spans many sectors, including: HIV/AIDS; health; human rights; gender and development; education; and poverty reduction. EnCompass has achieved a reputation as an innovator, a collaborative partner, and a facilitator of whole-systems change through the use of energizing and creative processes.
• Assist in planning and implementing communications and marketing strategies
• Write, edit and repurpose digital content, such as news stories, announcements, photos, project briefs and social media posts
• Curate and post content for the corporate website and various social media channels
• Establish and build successful partnerships with consultants and staff
• Monitor online and social media presence
• Ensure communications, marketing and technical materials align with company and/or client branding guidelines
• Develop, review and update training or event materials, correspond with participants as needed, attend rehearsals and confirm all necessary technical configurations for virtual deliveries.
• Provide technical support during the virtual deliveries by providing audio and visual support to attendees and speakers and facilitating questions from participants and faculty (or speakers) with outstanding customer service skills
• Participate in Production Community of Practice and maintain familiarity with technology and features needed to conduct flawless and interactive virtual deliveries
• Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience or Master’s degree and two years’ experience. Degree in Communications, Business, Education or related field preferred.
Overall Experience and Skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. In addition to English, proficiency in French or Spanish is desirable
• Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
• Experience working with organizations with an international focus is recommended
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (ex. Word, PPT, etc.)
• Experience in editing, formatting, and using graphics effectively
• Success operating in a highly-collaborative team environment
Technical Experience and Skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills for digital and print platforms
• Ability to write compelling stories; mastery of Associated Press Style guidelines
• Experience managing websites and ability to develop web content within a Wordpress platform preferred
• Experience in media relations and social media engagement
• Experience measuring and assessing communications strategies
• Experience working with Mailchimp, Twitter, Facebook, and other online distribution channels
• Ability to learn new software and software features quickly and effectively.
• Ability to troubleshoot technology independently and respond to technical difficulties calmly and confidently
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job