Manager, Procurement and Operations
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Boston, Liberia, Malawi, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and resources. Do you have experience working in a fast-paced operating environment to develop and execute on procurement policy? If you, you may be our next Manager, Procurement and Operations.
Reporting to the Director, Global Operations, the Manager, Procurement and Operations provides guidance and executes on organization-wide needs as they relate to procurement across the Global Operations team’s areas of work, including technical assistance, policy development and systems building. In their first months in the role, the Manager, Procurement and Operations will be tasked with developing procurement process standards across US offices and supporting LMH’s COVID-19 response, specifically to oversee the procurement of personal protective equipment, among other commodities. A successful candidate in this role is expected to help reduce the time required to complete US and international procurements and improve the quality, value, and cost of goods and services procured.
LMH will be hiring one candidate for this position with the flexibility for the role to be based in either our Boston or New York office.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the procurement strategy lead globally
- Work with country offices to design and implement in-country initiatives that will improve organization-wide procurement performance in collaboration with country teams
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing scalable procurement processes with an understanding of international best practices
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment - willing to wear many hats and be hands on in both process development and ongoing execution of the purchasing function
- Strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and experience with cost modeling and other related analyses
- Exceptional skills in problem-solving and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data (including quantitative modeling, data analysis, business case analysis, study design)
- Robust understanding of the design and execution of inventory control systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong & effective relationships in a multicultural and often remote work environment
- Exceptional ability to work independently, setting and achieving ambitious targets with limited guidance, managing competing and sometimes shifting priorities, often under tight deadlines
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have previously provided procurement or supply chain support to country offices while based in the US
- You have worked and have understanding of procurement and supply chain challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa
- You have experience in supply chain, shipping, distribution, and inventory management
- You have experience leading quantification and forecasting exercises
For the Boston location, please use this application link: https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/lr8qeuzhTH/Manager-Procurement-And-Operations?source=Idealist
For the New York location, please use this application link: https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/yUu5Q7AXw8/Manager-Procurement-And-Operations?source=Idealist
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?