Manager, Office of the CEO
One Acre Fund
About the organization
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for someone to help lead the Office of the CEO, comprised of 1-2 analysts and 1-2 managers. The Office of the CEO reflects the voice of and executes on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal programs. Managers in this office will lead a varied portfolio of projects, linked by a common theme of improving our CEOs efficacy.
• Lead major initiatives and fill in critical gaps in the organization: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will directly implement the priorities of the Executive Director. This could be through project work, such as improving retention by analyzing data to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement the solutions with a diverse team.
• Executive-level communications and research: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Funds success. The Office of the CEO will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences through pitch decks, strategy sharing, employee engagement, and more.
• Team leadership: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will help ensure the professional development and high-quality project work of the Analysts in the Office of the CEO.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of work experience. We are looking for extraordinary candidates to help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Experience in strategic and consulting contexts, e.g. working with C-suite leaders, change management, or long-term planning.
• Ability to roll up ones sleeves and directly move projects forward, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations.
• Experience managing team performance and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus
• Exceptional written communicator. We are looking for clear communicators who have an ability to engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
• Research ability. You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
• Humility. We are looking for passionate leaders with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
• Language: English.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job