Manager of Recruitment and Selection
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plays an integral role in achieving the vision and goals of Summit Public Schools through ensuring our organization has high performing faculty in every seat.
The Manager of Recruitment & Selection leads the sourcing and interview process for multiple faculty pipelines, supporting school leaders and hiring managers in identifying their talent needs and sourcing and selecting top talent for Summit Public Schools. The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plans and executes outreach strategies to develop an annual applicant pool of diverse teachers and education professionals, and designs and implements selection tools, processes, and systems for various roles at Summit Public Schools.
The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills, and a track record of customer service orientation. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. You will work directly with the Director of Recruitment and Selection. Occasional travel required for this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- 3 years of experience in a recruitment, selection or teaching capacity
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
- Proven project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Works well under deadlines and ensures timely completion
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive matters, and ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Clear health and background check
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job