Manager of Data and Information Systems
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
Summit Public Schools is seeking an experienced Manager of Data and Information Systems to support our schools. This role will lie on Summit’s Data Team, the core operations branch of Info Team.
Summit utilizes and maintains many data systems to manage its academic and operational structures, including our personalized learning platform. This role will develop and manage the technical, operational, and compliance tools and processes related to these data systems to ensure our schools are running smoothly. This role will work in tight coordination with school leaders, external technology vendors, and other individuals across the organization. This is one of the most cross-functional roles at Summit.
The ideal candidate is experienced in cleaning, managing, and analyzing data using a variety of tools and techniques. In particular, they have extensive experience with spreadsheets, experience with at least one data processing tool such as SQL, and ideally, some familiarity with programming in a language like Python. They have strong attention to detail, can manage complex projects, and enjoy solving tough problems. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust for different audiences are required.
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values and a belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience or demonstrated interest in education, public policy, or social justice
- Strong project management and organizational skills with exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills, especially in breaking down technically complex topics for general audiences
- Strong fluency with spreadsheet software such as Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with at least one data processing tool such as SQL, pandas, R, SPSS, or Stata
- Ideally, some experience with an object-oriented programming language like Python
- Knowledge of database structures and systems
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and maintain high data quality standards
- Clear health and background check
- Willingness to work Pacific Time business hours preferred due to our schools operating in the Bay Area and Seattle regions
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job