Manager of Data Analysis
Summit Public Schools
About the organization
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Manager of Data Analysis to transform data into insights for the organization. This role will lie on Summit’s Analytics Team, the R&D branch of Info Team.
This role will lead innovative data- and technology-focused projects related to the academic program of the schools within the Summit network, in collaboration with other team members. This position will work with data from the many different systems we utilize to draw insights and create data tools which can facilitate learning and development within our schools. Ultimately, the Analytics team aims to create tools, processes, and products that can inform the larger field of K-12 education. Your work will not only impact Summit’s 4,500 students, but will also serve as a model for the rest of the country.
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Professional experience in quantitative data management, analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- Experience with SQL, Python, Tableau or other related technologies and a desire to learn more
- Demonstrated ability to craft clear research questions and testable hypotheses
- Empathy for the users of data and strength in listening and communication
- Strong project management skills and a knack for process
- A strong desire to use data to help people make smart decisions, and experience doing so
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred, but not required. Those who lack a college degree but have relevant training or professional experience are encouraged to apply.
- Pre-employment health and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job