Manager, Global Learning & Engagement
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Manager of Global Learning and Engagement will collaborate with the Vice President and Interim Director of Global Community Engagement in managing aspects of the Boost program, including program design, monitoring and evaluation, partnership engagement, and membership recruitment and retention. Boost is a global community that is designed to equip immunization professionals with the connections, support and resources needed to navigate and lead in challenging contexts. While Boost is currently virtual, the Manager will be expected to travel internationally in order to meet the demands of the program once relevant travel restrictions are lifted and the individual feels that it is safe to do so.
• Work with partners, alongside the Manager of Community Building and Digital Engagement, to create a standard competency model and learning goals for members of the Boost community
• Support Manager of Community Building and Digital Engagement to deliver blended learning and virtual engagements (i.e., webinars and live discussions)
• In close coordination with the VP and Interim Director, manage implementation of topic- or country-specific programming and travel to focus countries to ensure quality and consistency of programming and to build partnerships with governments and implementing partners for Boost (when feasible post-COVID)
see https://www.sabin.org/careers for full posting
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public health, international relations, anthropology, political science, sociology
• 7+ years relevant experience; experience working and living in a developing country highly desirable
• Familiarity with immunization landscape and stakeholders (i.e., WHO, Gavi, UNICEF, JSI)
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated skill in developing and managing work plans and budgets, and stakeholder relationships
• Understanding of and demonstrated experience in utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluate program outcomes
• Demonstrated experience in a varied range of capacity building methods, including curriculum development and training design
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, adaptive, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
• Experience working with and building partnerships with NGOs, governments, health workers and industry partners
• Capacity for people management
• Superior service orientation; works across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
• Assertive, entrepreneurial orientation; innovative
• Strong interpersonal skills; effective at working closely with others over geographical distance and from other cultures
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally frequently
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Manager, Global Learning & Engagement” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply