Manager for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
Under the supervision of the Director for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions, the Manager for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions' primary responsibility is understanding country legal operating environments and Internews' program implementation in order to collaboratively design and implement risk mitigation strategies that are efficient, effective, and not overly burdensome. The Manager will have a background in relevant legal research and analysis and business operations.
The role advises Program Management Units (PMUs) in working with business operations departments to create better processes, policies, and systems to support effective program implementation and adequately mitigate risks. The Manager works directly with program teams to identify organizational risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, create communities of practice among business managers, and solve program implementation operational problems. The position will work directly with the PMU business management staff and business operations staff to standardize practices with a focus on support and problem solving. This role will support the Director for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions in administration of solutions to ethics and audit findings and investigations.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
• 4-6 years of relevant legal research and analysis and business operations experienced expected
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to organize information via Excel a must
• USAID, USDOS, or European donor-funded programs strongly preferred
• Relevant university degree required in an area such as law, finance, accounting, management, or public administration
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with financial analysis preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian or others a plus..
• Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
• Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe
• Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
• Proven ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records
•Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job