Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Budgeting
About the organization
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development - we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 515 million people globally with our interventions. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.8 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes.
Budgeting, Financial Planning and Analysis Support:
- Help develop our annual organizational budget and quarterly review processes.
- Help to consolidate and prepare the organizational budget and it’s presentation to organizational leadership and board committees.
- Support in streamlining current budget and forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director in financial planning and strategic financial analysis projects for daily work/ongoing programs.
- Contribute to long-term financial analysis and risk assessment of strategic organizational growth opportunities.
Financial Reporting, Systems and Processes Support
- Be the go-to person for the maintenance and administration of the organizational budgeting software (Vena Solution).
- Recommend and implement improvements for existing financial systems and processes.
- Support developing and maintaining customized financial reports and dashboards in budgeting software and Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with preparing monthly and quarterly financial management reports for our leadership.
- Conduct ad-hoc financial projects and reports.
Grant Financial Proposals Support:
- Support the Program and Regional Finance Teams to develop financial proposals and budgets for donors.
- Help develop and maintain standardized internal templates for the financial proposal.
- Provide support in grant financial reporting and develop expertise in donor requirements.
- Engage with program finance operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in finance, FP&A, or a related field.
- Proficient in accounting, budgeting, and reporting software (Evidence Action uses Intacct and Vena Solutions)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Workspace.
- Proven expertise in financial analytics and strategic budget management, with ability to interpret complex financial and technical data into actionable, executive-level reports and decision-making tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and monitor deadlines. ,
- Ability to liaise effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for Evidence Action’s mission and approach.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year, nationally and internationally.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for role to be based in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
***If you are applying for a position at Evidence Action, please note that we do NOT accept emailed applications. All positions are advertised here: https://apply.workable.com/evidence-action/ and you must apply online there in order to be considered. Thank you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job