Manager, Community Building & Digital Engagement
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Manager of Community Building and Digital Engagement will help shape and execute a revised and revitalized vision of the IAIM (International Association of Immunization Managers) Network and how it will support and empower immunization managers around the world. The IAIM Network helps immunization managers across the globe get answers, grow in their role, raise their collective voices and connect with and learn from one another.
We are looking for someone with the experience and passion to drive content and engagement for global communities from the ground up. This person will ensure the online communities deliver value to the immunization managers and the communities in which they serve, as well as inform global leaders and policymakers. This is an exciting opportunity to establish, grow and lead a global network.
Community Building and Content Development
• Initiate, track and curate conversations with members and partners
• Increase recruitment of Immunization Managers by implementing digital strategies to promote the IAIM Network
• Manage branding, messaging and deployment of content through website, emails, social media, videos, webinars and events
Digital Engagement and Marketing
• Work with leadership team to define online community development strategy, tactics, roadmap and milestones
• Develop and write quarterly and annual reports and position papers
• Develop and manage the editorial calendar for the IAIM Network
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as international development or public health
• Community engagement experience
• 7+ years relevant experience in building communities, working across international boundaries and/or leading communications programs
• Ability to engage and communicate with a global audience; a “people person”
• Experience working in low- and/or middle-income countries preferred
• Knowledge of current digital marketing techniques and best practices
• Proven ability to develop and implement effective communications strategies
• Exceptional writing with an ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging
• Experience with social and web analytics
• Social listening and influencer marketing experience
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
• Effectively manage projects so problems are anticipated and solutions identified quickly
• Listens carefully to feedback and comments from staff and adapts plans/actions accordingly
• Thrive in entrepreneurial, team-oriented work environments; experience working with cross-functional teams
• Works across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
• Ability to be flexible, creative, enthusiastic and optimistic
• Fluency in French or Spanish a plus
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected] Please be sure to reference “Manager, Community Building & Digital Engagement” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply