Manager, Communications (Vaccine Acceptance and Demand)
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Communications Manager will work with cross-functional teams to design, implement and track all communications related to Sabin’s newly launched Vaccine Acceptance and Demand initiative. The initiative consists of three interrelated work streams: Immunization Advocates, Vaccine Acceptance and Social Media. Immunization Advocates is focused on communicating the importance of immunization and dispelling vaccine misinformation by supporting media and health care professionals. Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance programming applies interdisciplinary problem-solving to address challenges to vaccine acceptance, including the Small Grants Program and the Vaccination Acceptance Research Network. Social Media will focus on the intersection of immunization programs and social media research.
Editorial and Project Management
Digital and Media
Events and Conferences
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, journalism, communications, English or public health; Master’s degree in a related field preferred
• 7+ years relevant experience leading communications initiatives, preferably in globe health and/or human health
• Proven ability to develop and implement effective and measurable communications strategies
• Exceptional writing with an ability to translate complex or scientific topics into compelling messaging targeting a variety of audiences
• Experience executing integrated online campaigns, including email, website, blogs and social media
• Up-to-date knowledge and applied work experience in digital communications, including social media channels and analytics
• Experience with HTML, digital asset creation and archiving
• Superb project management skills with the ability to anticipate problems and quickly identify solutions
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, including managing “up” and peers to drive to project timelines
• Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams; superior service orientation
• Capability to advance multiple communications priorities and work independently under tight deadlines
• Capacity for financial/budget support and people management
• Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work products
• Ability to be flexible, creative, enthusiastic and optimistic
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Manager, Communications” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply