Management Analyst (Trainee)- Fort Worth, TX
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development- Office of Field Policy and Management
About the organization
This position is located in the Office of Field Policy and Management (FPM). FPM supports 65 Field and Regional Offices and provides organizational leadership to Regional and Field Office Directors. The Office develops mechanisms which ensure critical field program delivery issues are addressed; assess program impacts and customer service at the local level; and provide operational feedback designed to constructively influence program design and Departmental policy-making.
The responsibilities described are for the GS-9 level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexities. As Management Analyst, you will:
- Analyze program issues within a portfolio of work usually as a member of a team. The work portfolio may include citizen and congressional inquiries, special projects, and operations. With appropriate guidance from the supervisor, the Analyst identifies and resolves routine program issues, problems and complaints. If more complex or sensitive issues are identified, the Analyst consults with his/her supervisor on the most appropriate ways to resolve the issues identified. The supervisor is kept informed of all unresolved issues.
- Collaborate on projects with HUD clients, FPM and other HUD staff members. Participate in meetings and ad hoc groups to assist in devising recommended solutions to complex problems. Seek out, identify, and verify new areas of mutual concern, and/or develop innovative and creative ideas to increase program and customer service effectiveness.
- Monitor and track Executive Secretariat and other controlled correspondence, such as Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Congressional requests. Ensure deadlines are adhered to in accordance with HUD and FOIA policies and procedures. Ensure officials are notified and in compliance with deadlines under existing statutes and regulations; and collects fees from public requestors.
For the GS-07: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level. Specialized experience includes: Assisting with office administration and working as a team member to analyze program issues and recommend improvements. Examples of such experience could include: Experience using advanced computer applications to communicate information in the appropriate format; or Providing customer service, including seeing customer issues through to resolution; or Tracking customer issues in electronic data bases. Or one full year of graduate level education in a related field; or Superior Academic Achievement; or You may qualify based on the equivalent combination of education and experience. This is creditable providing the combination consists of 100% of the requirement.
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Contact email: [email protected]
Additional Application Materials
Ensure to include the following in the subject line: Management Analyst- Fort Worth, TX
This position is being opened to individuals with Non-Competitive Eligibility. To apply for this position using NCE, please email the following:
1) Your proof of current non-competitive eligibility status
2) Your resume
3) Undergraduate and/or Graduate School Transcripts (if applicable)
4) SF-50 (if applicable)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply