Mali: Program Officer, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Program Officer (PO) provides support to the Project Manager to ensure systems and processes are put in place to support the smooth implementation of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to all aspects of the project including research activities, project reporting and leading Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the team.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- Degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Action, Sociology, Media and Communications or a related field
- Five years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum two years' experience working in a Monitoring and Evaluation role
- Excellent organizational, information and project management skills
- Strong writing skills and experience contributing to donor reporting under tight deadlines
- Basic graphic design skills
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment - experience with remote management highly prioritized
- Proven experience creating risk communication materials for at-risk communities
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments and having a strong understanding of how to work with local authorities, international agencies like the UN, international NGOs, and local organizations and community representatives
- A self-starter and proactive problem-solver who enjoys communication and collaboration in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, good humored and flexible
- Awareness of, and familiarity with, the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic in Mali and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job