Mali: Data Analyst, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Data Analyst (DA) is tasked with wrangling qualitative and quantitative rumor data and working to find trends and information that help us better understand community perceptions of the pandemic and vaccines. The DA will help partners and/or team members to ensure qualitative data is collected in a consistent and continuous way and will analyze feedback with a focus on the concerns, fears and hopes that are behind the rumors and drive misinformation. The DA will support the Internews team and its partners to address misinformation and provide input for feedback reports for humanitarian partners on national and regional levels to inform decision-making and improve information provision with timely, locally-relevant and reliable information people trust.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- Strong qualitative data analysis, research and information management experience in fast-changing humanitarian contexts and with variable datasets
- Experience and/or understanding of sentiment analysis and/or social media listening tools a plus
- Data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics is a plus
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian system to ensure data collection (Kobo, ODK) and provision follow the Core Humanitarian Standards and information can be sourced in a timely manner among partners on the ground
- Strong writing skills and the ability to bring data to life
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong understanding of, and commitment towards, editorial values of the project
- Self-motivated and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of, and familiarity with the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job