Mali: Content Creator, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Content Creator will generate multimedia content for social media, traditional media, and humanitarian agencies to distribute in response to information needs identified by the project team. Content Creators may create text, audio, video, infographic, data visualization, or other formats of accurate and targeted "news you can use" for the affected population most at risk for spreading false health information or engaging in behaviors that increase risks for themselves and their communities.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- Strong knowledge of the Malian social media ecosystem
- Experience creating widely distributed online content for journalism, humanitarian, or public health purposes
- Native-level fluency in French language
- Good speaking, reading, writing skills in English
- Knowledge of humanitarian communications, public health communications, and crisis response techniques considered an asset, particularly related to COVID-19
-Video production and editing skills; photo editing skills a plus
- Graphic design and data visualization skills; knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics a plus
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and layout of the regular reports
- Knowledge of other languages widely spoken in Mali a plus
- Self-motivated and used to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment towards editorial values of the project
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job