Mali: Community Engagement Officer, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Community Engagement and Accountability Officer will highlight the community's perspectives and COVID-19 rumors for health, humanitarian, and civil society stakeholders. The CEAO will also ensure that project staff are up to date with the latest developments in the humanitarian and health response. In doing so, the CEAO will be in regular contact with officials from the UN and national and international NGOs and will be an active participants in relevant coordination meetings. This is a remote, work from home position that involves liaising with the local country team as well as global technical advisors located outside of the country.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
- Extensive experience working in complex relief operations in challenging environments, preferably in humanitarian and/or health crisis contexts
- Very good knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector
- A thorough understanding of the work of humanitarian and development agencies, including working within the UN cluster system
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills to liaise authoritatively with figures from the aid and donor communities and host governments
- Experience in Communication with Communities (CwC) and Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) projects, with a strong focus on ensuring feedback from the communities is taken into account within the humanitarian system
- Experience working with communities to gather their concerns and issues, turning those into engaging content
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
To apply, please visit our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job