Malawi New Program Growth Associate
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
In your role as the New Program Growth Associate, you will work with the IV Lead in co-strategising on new, compelling pathways and build field performance structures. You will lead strategy development and execution of program activities to dramatically improve our impact per farmer, de-risk our path to rapid build a strong field team and culture in the long term.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Impact strategy and execution - With support from the M and E department, be the lead in conducting research to identify and roll out new compelling products. Examples of what this might look like include:
• Conduct species variety trials to identify new tree varieties to add to the program portfolio or,
Scale strategy and execution- Use scouting data to build robust scale strategies and provide direction to rapidly scale the program across multiple districts in the next couple of years ensuring scale targets are hit. This would involve:
• Spending amounts of time in the field scouting new possible areas of expansion
Field team advancement - Invest a significant amount of time understanding field team members and building their development plans, tailoring training material to suit their needs and creating/ improving management tools. This would include;
• Create tailored field trainings for multiple activities
We are looking for one exceptional professional with 5+ year(s) of work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Strong educational background; Masters degree in Rural Development, international development, Business administration, Environmental economics, preferred
• 5+ years of relevant work experience which includes qualitative and quantitative research on smallholder agriculture, with an emphasis on adoption of improved technologies or new business models, preferably including some work around agroforestry.
• Experience working in Extension Services, or implementing development programmes in rural locations preferred.
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, and enthusiasm for learning.
• Build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7xx748b6zmb2hjpj
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job