Partners in Health
About the organization
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
- Coordinate closely with internal customers in sites and PIH teams in Boston, acting as relationship manager for assigned functional responsibilities.
- Manage order process and related analyses for assigned functional responsibility, including the request for quotation and order confirmation processes and data entry, as well as coordination and information sharing with planning and sourcing teams.
- Work with vendors to ensure high service level and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with additional sourcing, purchasing, data analysis and reporting upon request.
- Facilitate communication with international site staff about their logistics needs, while improving processes to do so.
- Maintain records for all purchases/in-kind donations and shipments including entering orders in financial system, processing invoices for payment, and submitting credit card and in-kind donation reports to Finance.
- Document internal processes and protocols as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of work experience preferred. Experience in inventory management, operations, or public health a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- French language skills a plus.
- Software skills including MS Office (Access & Excel focus) required. Must have intermediate knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and V-Lookup.
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments and interest in social justice and underserved populations.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job