Partners In Health
About the organization
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
General Responsibilities: The Senior Logistics Analyst plays an important role on the Supply Chain and Logistics Team in ensuring that inventory required to deliver health services reaches Partners In Health (PIH) sites on time. The Analyst will execute day to day operations related to shipping and warehousing, working closely with vendors, donors, and colleagues across the organization. This individual must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive, with a service-oriented mindset and strong communication skills. The position is full time and reports to the Logistics Manager.
Shipping and Warehousing:
- Ensure items are shipped accurately/on time by: working with site-based colleagues to understand shipping priorities, coordinating shipments with freight forwarders, preparing customs clearance documentation, updating site-based colleagues on shipment status, entering shipment data in software systems, and following up on discrepancies
- Physically receive and prepare shipments from Boston storage location
- Maintain the integrity and transparency of all department records and files
- Proactively identify new logistics partners and identify opportunities for cost savings
- Contribute to the analysis of logistics data and the design of software systems
- Implement process improvements to improve efficiency of logistics tasks
*Five years relevant experience or equivalent training/education in shipping, warehousing, or similar
*Demonstrated success managing large amounts of data with high attention to detail
*Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or proven ability to learn new electronic systems quickly
*Ability to follow established processes and experience implementing process improvements
*Willingness to do important repetitive tasks and data entry and ability to see their connection to *larger team and organizational goals
*Demonstrated success responding to a high volume of requests and ability to react to needs with a sense of urgency
*Strong communication skills and ability to respond to changing priorities
*Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring concerns and priorities of field-based staff
*Interest in social justice and health equity
*Intermediate excel skills
Please view application link for full application instructions and details.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job